Irma Lair is one of five girls who are collectively known by many titles - Guardians of the Veil, Guardians of the Infinite Dimensions, but more importantly, W.I.T.C.H. Guardian of Water, Irma was chosen along with four others - Will Vandom, Taranee Cook, Cornelia Hale and Hay Lin, to be Guardians. Reluctant at first, their first transformation and encounter with rebel leader Caleb and snakeman Cedric changed all that. Their first mission saw the girls fighting to overthrow Phobos, a prince who seeks to take over the multiverse, starting with his homeworld of Meridian. With the aid of Caleb, the girls succeeded, installing his sister (and Cornelia's best friend) Elyon Brown as queen.
This would lead to the girls facing down Nerissa, a sorceress who was once a Keeper of the Heart like Will. The rules of the game changed, forcing the girls to gain powers and force all of them to enter a power arms race just to prevent Nerissa from succeeding. In the end, a series of Xanatos Gambits would lead to the girls succeeding in stopping Nerissa, nearly costing them their humanity.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
To be worked on later
Upon being podpopped, Irma ended up snapping at another, the Hyrulian known as Link, before making her way to the Observation Deck. Upon arriving there, she was told of their situation by James Kirk, in which she called him out on the way he was speaking, not believing him to be THE Kirk. Soon after, she was discovered by a number of others, including Will Vandom and Matt Olsen... only to discover the two here WEREN'T from her world. Despite this, she didn't care and was more than willing to accept them. She also encountered Ben Tennyson (whom she thought was cute), Dark Smoke Puncher (who scared the wits out of her) and the waterbender Katara.
When Nanoha revealed more about the Nightmare King, Irma took the opportunity to snap at her for their virtually suicidal plan, even while being held back by Katara.
A bit of wandering throughout the city in an attempt to find the W.I.T.C.H. Bus lead to Irma finding something she didn't want found - her school, Sheffield Academy. Her complaining caught the attention of the gargoyle Goliath and the blind magic user Blin. Katara also discovered Irma there and lead her to the bus (Irma counting her blessings that she didn't spot the school) and the two ended up bonding closer through their respective water skills.
When the Nightmare King attacked, Irma was able to break free and transform, only for her to get caught in the crosshairs of an altered Billy Cranson. Despite her earlier injuries, Irma stood her ground and was able to hold back Billy, the Ranger prefusely apologizing for his actions. Soon after the Nightmare King's defeat, Irma would discover the Citadel of Kandrakar within the City, making her worry about their situation..
During one podpop, Irma got herself a real surprise - the release of her best friend, Hay Lin. However, she was at first skeptical due to the Nightmare King situation. As well, the crew was granted their first shore leave, allowing her to spend more time with her. However, as their trip came to an end, the Ohm attacked and Irma was forced to defend the world they were on.
- Will Vandom (Comicverse) - Leader of W.I.T.C.H. and Keeper of the Heart of Kandrakar. Despite being from another universe, Irma still trusts her and is willing to protect her.
- Matt Olsen - Will's boyfriend. Irma still isn't used to the fact that he looks more like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo
- Ben Tennyson - One of the few who podpopped with her. Shocked that he's been doing the hero business longer than she has... but, beyond that, thinks he's cute.
- Katara - Waterbender. Nearly freaked out over her knowing her secret, but has come to accept that.
- Goliath - Gargoyle. Ended up having a conversation over why she hates school and tried to get him to understand why she doesn't like it.
- Nanoha Takamachi - head of the Magical Department. Utterly despises the fact that her plan to defeat the Nightmare King involves waiting until it's freed.
- Hayate Yagami - one of Nanoha's friends.